Let's Go!

My photo
Palm Beach, NSW, Australia
"There are only three sports. Mountain climbing, bullfighting and motor racing - all the rest being games." So wrote Ernest Hemingway. With this clearly defined, The Gonz, dressed in his best, announced "Let's go!"

Tsunami

Something is working against me. I packed up the tent and prepared everything for my departure but just as I got ready to carry the kayak down to the water I was informed that a tsunami was on the way as a result of an earthquake in Chile and that it would be wise to seek out higher ground.

It was my good fortune that I ran into a wonderful woman and her two sons who I'd met at a dinner the previous evening and it was not long before I was being driven up into the hills following the Patea River as it wound through some extraordinarily wonderful scenery.