Let's Go!

My photo
Palm Beach, NSW, Australia
"There are only three sports. Mountain climbing, bullfighting and motor racing - all the rest being games." So wrote Ernest Hemingway. With this clearly defined, The Gonz, dressed in his best, announced "Let's go!"

Patience


Days 120 & 121, Mar 27 & 28 2010
The forecast was suggesting that the swell would drop off on Monday. I would spend the weekend in Raglan and wait for better conditions.
I took the opportunity to head out to the harbour entrance and climb a hill that provided an excellent vantage point.
I could clearly see the waves on the perimeter of the bar that had caused the problem. I could also see the channel that had carried me out.
It is worth noting that the weather report indicated a 2.5 metre swell on this day. It had been 4.0 metres for me with a fresh breeze.
I believe that when I capsized I was washed into the waves on the far side and these carried me in until they dissipated in the deeper water where I was ultimately able to climb in and surf back to shore.